If a loved one dies with a trust in place, then I can counsel you as the successor trustee of the trust. I provide guidance and assistance in interpreting the dispositive provisions of trusts.
I regularly advise and assist trustees on their fiduciary duties and responsibilities under the trust, including but not limited to:
- Identifying and contacting all beneficiaries under the trust
- Conducting an inventory of trust property
- Paying all lawful debts owed by the decedent.
- Obtaining a tax identification number from the IRS, if required
- Opening a bank account for the trust
- Selling or disposing of any assets of the trust
- Filing the necessary tax returns
- Preparing an accounting of receipts and disbursements
- Distributing the assets to the appropriate person under the trust including the preparation of the necessary conveyance documents such as deeds, mineral deeds, assignments, etc.
I can help you through this process in a timely and efficient manner.
Kevin L. Miller, P.C.
Attorney at Law
Land Mark Towers West
3555 NW 58th Street, Suite 1000
Oklahoma City, OK 73112