If you die without a will, your estate will be distributed based on the intestacy laws of the state where you live at the time of your death.
Read Article
Fortunately, the Oklahoma legislature has passed a summary administration law with the goal of reducing the time and expense of a regular probate estate.
Read Article
When a non-resident decedent dies leaving real property and/or oil and gas interests in Oklahoma a second type of proceeding may be required in order to properly obtain legal title to the real property and/or oil and gas interests. This second type of proceeding is often referred to as “ancillary probate” and must be commenced in the state and county where the real property and/or oil and gas interest is located.
Read Article