When a non-resident decedent dies leaving real property and/or oil and gas interests in Oklahoma a second type of proceeding may be required in order to properly obtain legal title to the real property and/or oil and gas interests. This second type of proceeding is often referred to as “ancillary probate” and must be commenced in the state and county where the real property and/or oil and gas interest is located.
Read Article
It used to be that when someone died, there was a basic plan to settle their estate: clean out the house, go through all the papers, and file a tax return at the end of the year.  Times have changed.
Read Article
If you die without a will, your estate will be distributed based on the intestacy laws of the state where you live at the time of your death.
Read Article